Your topmost priority should be to keep yourself healthy during each pregnancy trimester. This is because a healthy mother delivers a healthy baby. Here are certain tips to keep you in the pink of health during your pregnancy and let your enjoy each day of creating a new life!
The First Three Months
At the first trimester of pregnancy, you are amidst various pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, fatigue, dizziness, constipation, sore breasts, frequent urination, hyper sensitivity, and much more. Here’s what you should do in first trimester of pregnancy:
- Take frequent, small meals throughout the day to combat the feeling of nausea.
- Indulge in a light exercise regime daily after consulting your doctor.
- Walking is the best physical activity at this time. It tones your muscles and joints, enhances blood oxygen circulation, and keeps you cheerful.
- You can also swim and cycle. However, stay away from forceful and dangerous sports.
- Drink lots of water.
- Rest is a must at this stage. Do not deprive yourself of the 8-hour beauty sleep.
- Simply smile and welcome the new phase of life!
The Mid Three Months
The second trimester of pregnancy is a comparatively easier stage. Morning sickness and fatigue will alleviate. At this stage, there is rapid development of your baby. Your umbilical cord will increase in thickness to supply adequate oxygen and nutrition to the growing baby. Here’s what you should do in second trimester of pregnancy:
- You may experience a shift in your body’s center of gravity. Therefore, there are chances of losing balance. So, avoid activities that require balancing.
- Simple yoga is best.
- Indulge in light walking and swimming.
- Take care of your personal hygiene.
- Continue eating a nutritious diet.
- Read books and relax. This is a pleasant phase with not many upheavals. Prepare for the last stage of pregnancy, which is a tough one.
The Last Three Months
The third trimester of pregnancy is full of changes in your body. The baby has completed its development and is ready to come out. You will experience back pain, headaches, constipation, indigestion, gas, fatigue, and other such problems. Due to the increase in the size of baby, it exerts force on your nerves and blood vessels, leading to discomfort. Here’s what you should do in the third pregnancy trimester:
- Practice deep breathing to ensure a good supply of oxygen to your baby. It also helps to endure labor pains better.
- Sufficient rest is a must.
- Indulge in light exercises as recommended by your doctor.
- Your exercise should focus on strengthening your pelvic muscles. It will help in delivering smoothly.
- Continue taking a well balanced diet. In fact, you are going to get strong food cravings during this time.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Avoid standing on your feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not lie on your back, (you are going to find it difficult to do so, anyway) as it exerts pressure on your blood vessels and nerves.
Follow the tips and stay fit in each pregnancy trimester.